Sr. Scientist, Preclinical
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Senior Preclinical Scientist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Senior Scientist, Preclinical Development
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for preclinical development activities in support of IND filings, as well as preclinical development plans for future products.
- Evaluate therapeutic drug candidates
- Write and edit preclinical study reports
- Design and manage preclinical studies to support regulatory submissions, including pharmacology, toxicology, etc.
- Monitor conduct of preclinical study with CROs
- Write preclinical sections for preclinical submissions
- Ensure that all studies are performed in a quality, timely and scientific manner
- Ph.D. with 6+ years of drug development experience, with a minimum of 3 years in the biopharmaceutical industry, to include: toxicology/safety assessment drug development
- Experience in design, coordination, analysis and documentation of preclinical studies
- Solid understanding of pharmacology pathways and MoAs in support of IND filings for biologics
- Excellent scientific writing and written/oral communication skills with several years of professional experience in medical or scientific writing
- The ability to work independently and to collaborate with a multi-disciplined group in a goal- and team- oriented setting is required
- Proficiency with MS Office and common laboratory software (GraphPad Prism, etc.).