BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Computational Biologist work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
This role will develop and facilitate interpretation of complex next-generation sequencing data.
- Adapt open source tools or develop visualization methods to enable bench scientists to query, display and interpret NGS data types. These include RNA-expression from single-cells and bulk tissues, variant data from exome sequencing, copy-number data from whole genome sequencing, and epigenetic data.
- Manage the development of a single cell RNAseq data viewer application in a cloud-based architecture for internal and external collaborators.
- Integrate a sequencing LIMs (Clarity) for our CQR Illumina sequencers
- Maintain existing databases for workflow (OWL), sequencing results, and PCR-primers. Initiate integration of sequencing results database with Clarity LIMs.
- Facilitate data sharing/management from internal and open-source based databases.
- Able to critically structure data.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in some area of data visualization
- Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
- Comfortable in a linux and docker environment.
- Familiar with NGS technologies, single-cell technologies, sequence analysis tools and public visualization resources.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 cloud resources; e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda and others.